Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/saonlinedating/public/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-faq-manager/faq-manager.php on line 637
Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/saonlinedating/public/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-faq-manager/faq-manager.php on line 638
Why use SA Online Dating
We’d like to think that not only do we give you the chance to meet thousands of fantastic single women and single men in South Africa but also that we give you lots of ways to make contact and stay in touch. With over 1 million members currently dating online with SA Online Dating there’s never a shortage of people to search for.
Online dating in the last 5 years has changed the way we interact and socialise. Did you know that 1 in 5 couples in the US who are currently in a committed relationship actually met using an online dating service. Our SA online dating is South Africa’s favourite dating site, from our amazing members to our fantastic features we offer singles in SA the best chance to find and meet people.
Does Online Dating work?
Like everything it takes time and effort to make a relationship work and online dating is no different. We have many testimonials from happy couples who met on the site. In fact it works so well that one of the founders of SA Online Dating actually found love from Online Dating.
Having said that, we really can’t guarantee that you will find the love of your life online. It takes time and effort to create a great profile, take eye catching photos and then meet like minded people who make your heart flutter. All we can say is give it the best chance you can. Take your time, don’t rush in, decided it’s not for you and then leave. It takes time to learn what works in your online profile and what doesn’t. A good idea would be to upgrade to premium member. That way you are sure to have the best chance of finding online love.
Is Online Dating Safe?
Yes as long as you follow some simple rules.
- Do not give out your personal details to anybody whilst online dating
- Never, never send money to anybody
- Do not give them your private email account address. This is a common way for scammers to hassle you away from where we can monitor there behaviour.
- If you suspect somebody of inappropriate behaviour then tell us immediately. We do all we can to stop this but your help is invaluable.
- Before you meet somebody either have a video chat with them or ask them to send a photo of themselves holding an object of your choice. If you do this you can be almost 100% sure the person you think you are talking to is actually the person you are talking to. (It also means you can check them out before you meet to make sure they really do look like Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie!).
- If you’re planning on meeting somebody always tell a close friend or relative where you are going and what time you are supposed to be meeting. It’s also a good idea to send them a text to let them know you are safe. If your date really is your knight in shining armour they won’t mind you being safe.
- Never, never get in a car with somebody on a first date. Arrange your own transport to and from the venue and make sure it’s a public place with lots of people around.
- If you follow these simple steps then dating with SA Online Dating will be fun and could lead to a beautiful online romance.
Are my personal details safe?
Yes. We are fully compliant with the Data Protection act and take this very seriously. We will never share your details with anyone unless we have your prior consent to do so. We are committed to respecting your rights to privacy whilst you are a member of SA Online Dating.
How do I write my profile?
This is possibly the hardest thing you’ll ever have to do on an online dating service in South Africa. Our advice would be start off with just basic information about hobbies, interests, things you like to do in your spare time. Make it quite broad initially and then over time you can develop a more detailed approach as and when you think you need to.
By making your online dating profile quite broad you are not giving anything away that might catch you out. For example if you said you like Kung Fu and are a black belt that might be too specific and detailed and actually might turn people off. Instead why not say that you are interested in martial arts. It might be enough to strike a conversation with somebody who is also interested in martial arts. As we say, it’s best to create a general online dating profile initially and then get more detailed later.
This also applies to the kind of person you are looking for online. Avoid very detailed requirements initially such as must be able to speak 3 languages fluently and juggle at the same time. Chances are this might not get many takers and you’ll get disheartened. Best to start with wide search criteria and then narrow down over time until you find a group of singles women or men who fit the online dating bill.
Should I include a photo?
Oh yes. Did you know that if you include a photo you likely to receive 10x more messages than if you don’t have a photo. It goes without saying really but we still get people amazed at how they are not being noticed despite people not being able to see what they look like.
Taking and using a great online dating photo is an art in itself and in the coming weeks and months we’ll be telling you how to take a great online dating photo in our Online Dating Blog. But yes, get a nice head and shoulder image of yourself with a big smiley face and post it on your profile … you’ll see the difference immediately.
How long should I wait before meeting someone in person?
This really depends on your personal circumstances and there are no hard and fast rules for when you should have that first meeting. Some people like to do it quite early as they find all the online dating quite tedious and pointless and if you’re going to click with someone then the only way of doing it is by being in their company. However, other people abide by the rules that getting to know somebody well online first is the key to a successful relationship. Whichever camp you are in then be sure that when you do take the plunge and agree to meet that you follow a few simple steps in order to make the online dating to offline date as easy, safe and fun as possible.
- Always meet in a public place
- Always travel to the venue by yourself. Never agree for them to pick you up in their car and drive you there.
- Don’t drink too much and when you go to the toilet never leave an unattended drink.
- Always tell a friend or relative where you are going and when and if possible when they can expect you back. If your date really is the ‘one’ then they really won’t mind you checking in with friends and relatives.
- Don’t go crazy on the first date. It’s all too easy to get carried away, have a few drinks and dance the night away. However try and save that for later dates. If this really is the one then there’ll be plenty of time for that later
If you follow these steps then you’ll have a fun South African internet dating experience. Good luck.
How much does it cost?
Online dating costs as little as R2.18 a day. We have a range of subscription packages to suit every need and budget.
1 month (30 days) – R115.00
3 months (90 days) – R285.00
6 months (180 days) – R425.00
12 months (365 days) – R795.00
Why should I pay?
There are many free sites out there where you don’t have to pay a cent to meet and chat. However these sites often have lots of dead accounts and sleazy people on them. Not everyone but there’s more chance of meeting a player or non-genuine daters on free sites. We think that paying a nominal amount each month for a safe and vetted SA online dating experience is a small price to pay for not only peace of mind but potentially a life full of fun and laughter. Give it a go and register on SA Online Dating today.